Getting started on The Rotary Community Plastic Challenge
- Watch the Video and see if you’d like to help create a similar community-wide project using all the help on this website.
- Gather a team or contact your local Rotary Club. You can find your nearest Rotary Club Here.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions here.
- Use social media (eg, Set up a Facebook page like this) to give regular community updates.
- Aim for the target date ‘Plastic Free Day’ of 28th June 2019.
- Read through the ‘Take Action‘ pages.
- Discuss tasks and roles and divide the workload.
- Contact local schools and discuss this website with it’s lesson plans.
- Using documents provided in Community Toolkit, contact local businesses.
- Contact useful organisations from the list to gain support.
- Seek funding opportunities and/or organise fund-raisers.
- Follow all the step-by-step instructions for each aspect of the project.
Llanidloes Scouts at 6am 30.06.18 – Heading to the Source of the Severn.
They covered the first section of the 9 mile litter-pick from Source to Llanidloes on the launch day of Sending a Message in a Bottle